Black or Red Bean Soup
In a slow or pressure cooker place:
- 1 pound of beans (red or black). (Better red says Patricia).
- 3 garlic cloves
- a small bunch of cilantro
- half chopped onion (white union)
- salt to your taste
- plenty of water, three quarters of the pot.
- cook it until the beans are soft.
- take the beans plus the liquid together and place them in the mixer (or blender) to obtain the soup.
- place the soup in a pot to boil and taste the salt to your taste.
- serve the soup in a each person bowl and have the following ingredients to mix with the soup:
- chopped tomatoes
- fried tortilla chips or strips, in small pieces
- fresh cheese (white) - shredded
- small cubes of avocado
Each person can put into his soup the above ingredients according to their taste.
You can also have (sour) cream to put into the soup.
One pound of beans as above, will serve aprox 8 to 10 bowls, depending on the bowl size.
Soup Salad Entree Pies Cakes Cookies Misc. Shrimp Curry Salad Spaghetti &Meatballs Creamy Peach Pie Creamy Nut Filling & Frosting Butterzueg Mom's Cheese Ball Mom's Lasagne Cream Cheese Pie Kahlua Cake with Coca Cola Frosting Peanut Blossoms Pesto Deviled Eggs Pesto Lasagne Chocolate Cinnamon Pie Black Joe Cake Springerle Cornish Pasties Shrimp Scampi Key Lime Pie Lemon Lime Icebox Cake Scottish Shortbread Welsh Rarebit Grilled Shrimp Apple Pie Rum/Bourbon balls Boysenberry Ice Spinach Feta Quiche Cherry Pie Double-Chocolate Brownies Rice Crispy Treats Cantaloupe Ice Käsespätzle Lemon Meringue Chocolate Chip Cookies Cantaloupe Ice Cream Cheese Enchiladas Peanut Butter Cookies French Breakfast Puffs Chocolate Mousse Snickerdoodles Gretchen's Salsa Chicken Enchiladas Wendy's No-bake Cookies Anna's Artichioke Dip Royal Lunch Milk Crackers Chicken Cacciatore Meringue shells Chocadamia Coconut Delights Pan de bono (Columbian Cheese Bread) Chicken Kiev Pecan Puffs Blue Cheese Dressing Chicken Imperial Hamentashen Swedish Spritzbaaken Dips Southern Fried Chicken Dutch White Ginger Cocktail Sauce Chicken a lá ling Gingerbread Boys Eggnog Chicken and Dumplings Scones Almond Roca Beer butt chicken Mom's Rye bread