Southern Fried Chicken
1 cup buttermilk
2 cups self-rising flour OR 2 cups flour with 4 tsp baking powder
3 whole chicken breasts or cut up fryer
1 tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
1. Pour buttermilk into a shallow plate. Measure flour onto waxed paper.
2. Dip chicken into buttermilk; sprinkle with lemon-pepper seasoning; then roll in flour, coating well and shaking off excess.
3. Pour enough oil into a large saucepan to make 2" depth. Heat oil to 350 degrees with deep-fat frying thermometer.
4. Fry chicken, a few pieces at a time, for 15 minutes turning once or until crisp and richly browned. Keep oil as near temperature as possible by raising and lowering heat.
5. Transfer cooked chicken to paper toweling to drain. Keep in warm oven until all chicken has been fried.
Soup Salad Entree Pies Cakes Cookies Misc. Shrimp Curry Salad Spaghetti &Meatballs Creamy Peach Pie Creamy Nut Filling & Frosting Butterzueg Mom's Cheese Ball Mom's Lasagne Cream Cheese Pie Kahlua Cake with Coca Cola Frosting Peanut Blossoms Pesto Deviled Eggs Pesto Lasagne Chocolate Cinnamon Pie Black Joe Cake Springerle Cornish Pasties Shrimp Scampi Key Lime Pie Lemon Lime Icebox Cake Scottish Shortbread Welsh Rarebit Grilled Shrimp Apple Pie Rum/Bourbon balls Boysenberry Ice Spinach Feta Quiche Cherry Pie Double-Chocolate Brownies Rice Crispy Treats Cantaloupe Ice Käsespätzle Lemon Meringue Chocolate Chip Cookies Cantaloupe Ice Cream Cheese Enchiladas Peanut Butter Cookies French Breakfast Puffs Chocolate Mousse Snickerdoodles Gretchen's Salsa Chicken Enchiladas Wendy's No-bake Cookies Anna's Artichioke Dip Royal Lunch Milk Crackers Chicken Cacciatore Meringue shells Chocadamia Coconut Delights Pan de bono (Columbian Cheese Bread) Chicken Kiev Pecan Puffs Blue Cheese Dressing Chicken Imperial Hamentashen Swedish Spritzbaaken Dips Southern Fried Chicken Dutch White Ginger Cocktail Sauce Chicken a lá ling Gingerbread Boys Eggnog Chicken and Dumplings Scones Almond Roca Beer butt chicken Mom's Rye bread